RSS

27 Aug

Andrew Baines could definitely expect Fiona’s Granny Harris in July, “Kinda like my nonna or perhaps Queenie’s.”

Rather silly?” Teresa uttered.

Very weirdly xenophobic!” Yvonne zinged.

Alphabet chart

Schools and students have permission to use this graphic for non-commercial, educational purposes.

Advertisements

14 Comments

Posted by on August 27, 2012 in 2. Saturday Centus

14 responses to “Saturday Centus – Wk#121 – Prompt: Use every letter of the alphabet in no more than 126 words – “26 Words In Alphabetical order”

1. Judie McEwen

August 28, 2012 at 02:17

Ross, this is wonderful! I actually thought about doing this, but I am still brain-dead from moving from Tucson to the Georgia coast, so I picked something easy to write about.

• Ross Mannell

August 28, 2012 at 08:33

Thanks for the comment.

At first I thought about being a little cheeky and simply writing one of those sentences typists use to test each keystroke, e.g. “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” This might be cheating. I thought using only 26 words in alphabetical order more of a challenge. 🙂

2. The Writers Village

August 28, 2012 at 06:18

😉 wow, so there are 26 letters in the alphabet and enuf words to mach each of those letters to make a story! That was fun. Randy

• Ross Mannell

August 28, 2012 at 08:34

Thanks for the comment.

Having up to 126 words wouldn’t have been too testing a task so I decided to add the edge of using only 26 words and keeping them to alphabetical order. 🙂

3. shakira

August 28, 2012 at 14:28

Wow..you did it. I did not think of doing it this way. Oh well. I love yours, Ross
    Mine is here
    Blessed be.
    hugs
    shakira

• Ross Mannell

August 31, 2012 at 22:28

Thanks for the comment.

It seemed to be an easy challenge if we had a 126 word limit so I thought I’d add the extra challenge of only 26 words where the first letter of each word would provide all 26 letters in alphabetical order.

4. Lynne Ayers

August 29, 2012 at 12:45

Not only all the letters, but in 26 words and alphabetically … phew, talk about stepping it up.

• Ross Mannell

August 31, 2012 at 22:29

Thanks for the comment.

The challenge had me wondering if I could achieve an alphabetical entry in just 26 words. 🙂

• Lynne Ayers

September 1, 2012 at 00:48

Well, it seems you can 🙂

5. anita

August 29, 2012 at 15:00

good one, Ross! You and I had a similar idea…although the end result isn’t anything alike!

• Ross Mannell

August 31, 2012 at 22:31

Thanks for the comment.

I’m not surprised others would see the added challenge but I would have been surprised if the results were alike. 🙂

6. Amy Harrison

September 1, 2012 at 02:28

Wow! 26 words alphabetically! That is some challenge… and you did it so well! 😀

• Ross Mannell

September 1, 2012 at 13:09

Thanks for the comment.

Limiting the task to 26 six words ordered alphabetically added a little extra to the challenge. 🙂

7. Jenny Matlock

September 8, 2012 at 07:05

Xenophobic.

Ha!

You make every challenge seem easy.